Tuesday, December 4, 2007

SCELC Vendor Day Bowling Tournament

What! Why did no one tell me about this tournament? Does the library world not want the services of perhaps the best bowler/information scientist west of the Atlantic?

Read more about this tournament here:

http://scelc.org/meetings/vendorday/2007/letsgobowling.html


Being held about an hour away, I feel I should attend the 2008 SCELC Vendor Day. The powers that be have got to recognize my bowling greatness. Don't make me demonstrate my information seeking bad behavior to discover that the vendors won last year. Just don't.

This is no idle threat. Fueled by righteousness and outrage caused by 8-10% annual increases for databases and a weak dollar, I can reclaim some (L)IS pride by taking home the SCELC trophy (engraved with my name of course).

As you can see, I'm working for you, information professional.

2 comments:

rick said...

We are SCELC. SCELC invites The Bowling LIbrarian to the SCELC Vendor Day 2008 Bowling Tournament of Champions.

Please contact our office at your earliest convenience. Go to http://scelc.org and use the Contact Us link to find the source of the first known Librarians vs. Vendors Bowling Tournament of Champions.

The heretofore utterly defeated SCELC team looks forward to your participation as we finally crush the vendors in 2008.

The Bowling Librarian said...

Rick,

It surprises me not that the vendors took it to the librarians in this Tournament of Champions.

I would love to take up the mantle and defend librarian honor in 2008. But, seeing as you are SCELC, you must know that I need supervisor approval for time off and travel money obtained through a correctly filled out request form. Thus, my quest to represent is fraught with dangers and contingencies which may prevent my presence at this event of all events. I will keep you posted.