Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing 10: Chatting with Skype and Meebo


Skype and Meebo -- both are applications I have used before. Currently, I have Meebo on my computer and have used it as my primary chat application. I used it mostly for AIM, though I thought that our UCI accounts would be linked up with Meebo too.

I've also used Skype . . . for my annual baseball drafts. I've also seen cousins use Skype to talk to family back in the homeland of Vietnam. With international internet cafes, they use Skype and other software to save hundreds of dollars and to talk to family. Pretty neat.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey there,

You can add UCI accounts to Meebo using the Jabber networkk--its the open source protocol that Pidgin uses. I was able to add my list for Coll Dev for those who don't use AIM. Let me know if you have any questions.

KWA

The Bowling Librarian said...

thanks Kristin! I didn't know about Jabber, but I'll try that out.